Friday, September 09, 2005

Celebrities Co-opt Disaster to Further Own Careers

LOS ANGELES-- Stars from the world of music and film are rushing to co-opt the hurricane relief efforts to further their own careers.

Celebrities ranging from Tom Cruise to Lindsay Lohan have offered to help, as long as it means more exposure.

"I just want to do what I can to help," said Lohan. "As long as I'm on in prime time and Hilary Duff isn't on the show."

Celine Dion was among the first to respond to the opportunity for publicity.

"As I was telling my husband Rene this morning, I really feel for those little people down there," said Dion. "I want to help them in whatever way I can, as long as it helps my career."

"I care way more about the poor than that bitch Shania Twain does," Dion added.

The 3 major TV Networks will simultaneously broadcast 6 hours of entertainment interspersed with wealthy celebrities making preening, self-indulgent pleas for donations.

"It should be really strong, ratings wise," said Bobbi Fleckman of ABC. "For the 9/11 benefit we drew a 25 share, and we expect this to come close. I'm talking Monday Night Football-type numbers."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dion: "It's all about me"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't suppose that the celebrities have somehow figured out how to CAUSE these disasters, do you?

[I really must point out here, Ish, that I have now commented on every one of the postings on this blog, which I love, in case you're not sure. More, please. Thank you.]

6:07 AM  
Blogger Ish said...

[Duly noted, and greatly appreciated!]

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home