Monday, September 12, 2005

Area Man Reads The Onion, Doesn't Realize He Is Area Man

Area man Mark Coffey is a regular reader of The Onion, but seems to be totally unaware that he typifies the "Area Man" that is the subject of many Onion articles.

"Oh, Mark's the Area Man, he totally is," said co-worker Derek Davis. "He'll come over to my desk and show me an Onion article like 'Area Man doesn't know when to leave me the fuck alone,' and he's like, 'isn't this awesome? That's so true.' And I'll just stare at him, like, 'you're kidding me, right?' How can he not see that he IS that dude?"

"He's completely oblivious," says co-worker Tony Aragon. "Last week I was like, 'Hey Mark, you remember the one called 'Area Man doesn't get irony?' And he's like, 'oh yeah, that was hilarious.' Classic."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS is the classic! How great it is to come home at the end of a long, hard day to a nice throaty laugh!

My regards to K. I appreciate you both so much.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home