Monday, November 07, 2005

Big Bird: "I'm Bird Flu-Positive"

NEW YORK - Big Bird, star of the long-running TV show "Sesame Street," disclosed today that he has tested positive for the Avian Influenza Virus, or "Bird Flu."

Big Bird's publicist, Cindy Shoup, acknowledged to reporters that he had tested positive. Amidst rumors in the tabloids, Bird had recently been barred from traveling to London for a film festival.

Shoup also read a statement from Bird. "I have been in the public eye for more than 30 years now," the statement began. "[A]nd over the years I have had some lapses in judgment, and possibly engaged in what might be termed 'high-risk' behaviors. But I have always, always taken very seriously my position as a role model."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bird: "I'm positive."

The statement continued, "I hope you can still see me as a role model. I hope you can still see me as your friend, who taught you about things like telling the truth, cooperation, and patience."

"This is obviously a tough time for all of Big Bird's fans and friends," said Shoup. "But Biggie is a fighter, and he will beat this thing. He's hopeful that he can help raise awareness of Avian flu virus, and help to find a cure."

2 Comments:

Blogger changeseeker said...

You're becoming one of my favorite people on the planet, Ish. In a world full of stress and sadness, you make me laugh. Thanks.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ish said...

Awww, thanks for reading!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home