Friday, October 28, 2005

Starbucks to Release NWA Tribute CD; Your Dad Will Buy It

SEATTLE-- Starbucks is planning to release its first rap CD, according to Starbucks spokesperson Sheila Garvey.

The album will be a tribute to the ground-breaking rap group NWA, which launched the careers of Dr. Dre and Ice Cube. Your dad is already planning to buy it.

"We are excited to be adding NWA to our music family, and bringing the whole rap genre into our stores," said Garvey.

"I don't know who NWA is, but it looks interesting," said your dad.

Tentatively titled "Unplugged, Bitches!" the album will feature renditions of some of their biggest hits by other recording artists.

Among the songs on the album:

"F**k Tha Police," Norah Jones with Elvis Costello

"To Kill a Hooker," Josh Groban

"Straight Outta Compton," Bonnie Raitt

"Gangsta Gangsta," Yo Yo Ma (W/London Philharmonic)

"We're really glad to be doing this deal with Starbucks," said Ice Cube. "We'll make a lot of money off this, and we like that."

"When I heard about this project, I knew right away that I wanted to get involved," said Yo Yo Ma. "I've always identified with the harsh tone and hardcore lyrics of NWA. This gives me a chance to give something back, to say thanks."

The CD will be in stores in time for the holidays, and should be in your dad's car cd player soon thereafter. It should be impossible to avoid by January.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yo Yo Ma: "I Love NWA!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
NWA: "We love money!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Your dad: "I love everything from Starbucks!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would my dad buy it

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. It will go right next to my dad's Gwen Stefani cd from Starbucks in the car cd changer. I can see us singing F**k tha Police together over the holidays...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home