Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bush Rolls Up Monogrammed Sleeves

NEW ORLEANS - President Bush visited Louisiana again on Monday, and demonstrated his solidarity with both victims and relief personnel by rolling up the sleeves of his Brooks Brothers dress shirt.

"The President insisted on overruling his aides, because he feels so passionate about this issue now," said McClellan.

"The President's actions show how decisive and forceful he can be once it becomes clear what to do," McClellan added.

McClellan was not sure if the President was wearing his cufflinks or not.

Reaction to the President's gesture was somewhat muted however.

"Oh, I definitely feel that he's with us, and his not wearing a jacket or tie really shows that," said Ella Bouclef from her cot at the Houston Astrodome. "I feel more connected with him because I'm not wearing a jacket either. Of course, I'm not wearing a jacket because all of my belongings have been destroyed. So maybe it's a little different."

"Yeah, I guess that shows he supports us," said Lloyd Duval, formerly of New Orleans. "This really makes up for the two and a half days that me, my wife, my son, my dog and my mom spent on the roof of our house without food or drinking water."

"I'm not saying I don't appreciate the gesture, but it might have been nice if he had, say, sent aid about ten days ago." added Duval.

In other news, Vice President Cheney showed his solidarity with the victims Tuesday by stopping his heart for one minute.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger changeseeker said...

I so TOTALLY don't understand why readers aren't standing in line to get to this blog, Ish! You are as clever here as anything on the net. Either that or I am just so far out in left field (probably literally), that I don't have a clue. Don't stop, okay? I'm gonna email some folks. This blog deserves some attention.

6:18 AM  
Blogger kristy said...

"The President's actions show how decisive and forceful he can be once it becomes clear what to do," McClellan added.

perfect.

12:05 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Two thumbs up. Keep cracking me up.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home