Monday, January 29, 2007

I don't have to see "The Queen" to know Helen Mirren deserves an Oscar.

I don't need to see "the Queen" to know that Helen Mirren deserves an Oscar. I just know. Look, I read the ticker under the local news while I eat breakfast. I read things on the internet, I listen to the radio. So write it down: Helen Mirren will win for "the Queen." There's just no doubt about it.

Did I see it? Nope. Am I wrong? Nope.

I haven't seen any of the Oscar-nominated movies this year. I don't really go to those kinds of movies. The last movie I saw in the theater was "Talladega Nights." (It was funny, but not Oscar-funny. It was no "Jackass 2.") But I don't need to see the movies to tell you what's what with Oscar.

"Dreamgirls?" Shut out of the Best Director or Best Picture categories, which probably means Jennifer Hudson or Eddie Murphy gets a nod.

Forrest Whittaker delivered a powerful performance as Idi Amin in "Last King of Scotland," he'll take home the trophy. Why do I even know that? I don't know why. I just do.

Directing? Clint Eastwood is always good, but Scorsese is your winner. It's Marty's year.

"Little Miss Sunshine?" nice little movie, great word of mouth, but not what the Academy looks for in a Best Picture. That will be "Babel." Do I even know what it's about? No. But it will win. Bank on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home